Tuesday, November 25, 2008


Here is my LO for week #98 over at CCG. I used a picture of myself holding my ab fave Starbucks cup, I just love it!!! Thank you Bigsiss (I know bigsis:)). She gave it to me as a B-day pressie. The reason I used this picture is that I took this summer is because it fitted perfectly as an illustration for the theme of the LO I wanted to make. As soon as I got the combo from Janet/CCG I just knew I wanted to make an LO to honour one of my greatest “discoveries” and “loves” of life......COFFEE!!! I went all crazy with a brown stamp pad to make my cardstock the right shade of brown. And I used a Starbucks paper bag as the mane pp and photo mat. And the “energy” inspiration is from this weeks OLW:)

BTW
I had my very first cup of coffee when I was four years old. It was mandatory at my grandmothers house that one had coffee and toast for breakfast. There was no discussion about it. It was just the way it was. As a young child one was aloud to have milk/cream and sugar in the coffee. But she didn’t really like that we did it in that way, or as she used to put it ”yes of course you can have milk/cream and sugar in your coffee.......If you want to ruin it”.

PLS NOTE; this was back in the day, ages ago and when I was a young girl and coffee wasn’t as bad for you as it is nowadays :). And she was a fantastic grandmother!


And if you want to take part in this weeks challenge go here; Color Combos Galore
Have a great day!
Over and Out

8 comments:

Diana said...

You're a newbie? No way! I love your layouts! I just saw the one you posted on 2Peas and had to come and say hi. I'm a newbie, but a real one. I just scraplift...

Lynn said...

this is gorgeous!

rev said...

ah, i love it, that picture is stunning!

Unknown said...

Great LO! I remember my first coffee experience. I was around 7 years old. My mom ALWAYS drank coffee in the morning, and I was always intrigued. So when I finally got her to let me taste, I thought it was gonna be the best thing ever! NOPE! It was something like wet dirt. It was decades before I touched the stuff again. Now I can only drink it mix with hot cocoa!

Breeding Fancy Art Prints said...

Oops, just realized I posted from the wrong account. Shameka --Meka-- still me!

Anonymous said...

already said it over at Sis, but yay Grandma!!! A cup (or three) of coffee a day is my savior...
Haven't stopped by in awhile, glad I did....hope all is well and you had a good turkey day!
tootles, d.

Unknown said...

Love all the layering in this, awesome!

Melanie H said...

Im a coffee lover too Lilly but I didn't start drinking coffee til I was around 16.

I love how you used the bag from Starbucks on your page.